The MEC department is dedicated to providing the resources students need to succeed. Academic advisors help students develop their academic goals, understand their degree requirements, and connect with appropriate university resources. From the first day of orientation through graduation. Advisors support students as they develop the skills and knowledge to make well-informed decisions regarding their academic and career goals.
Your Academic Advisor will:
- Encourage and guide you to develop and pursue your goals and help you create an academic plan
- Refer you to appropriate campus resources
- Be accessible via phone, email, and by appointment and to respond to you in a timely manner
- Recommend appropriate classes and direct you to tools that will assist you in course selection
- Assist you in making academic decisions consistent with your interests, abilities and goals
- Be helpful, respectful and maintain confidentiality